The Farmington Public Library has over 1,700 local history
and genealogical materials,
- Town Histories. Many communities in Maine published
extensive historical accounts in the late 1800s or early
- Family Histories. Several area genealogists have contributed copies of their work. Therefore the library owns several published and unpublished family histories.
- Local newspapers. Historical newspapers from Farmington are on microfiche.
- Ancestry.com. The library offers free access in house to www.ancestry.com.
- Vital records.
- Cemetery records.
- Free computer usage and open wifi.